So much to write, so little time and inclination… please forgive me, and on that note:
I am sorry! Please forgive me! I love you! Thank you! In 2016 I am going for soul cleaning and more forgiveness (Ho’oponopono)
“Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
The boyfriend and I survived the road trip. It took 12 hours to get to North Carolina and 10 hours to return to New York. On the way there I found out that the house we were staying at also contained 2 snakes. I went crazy. I was mad. I cried. I told him that I would never have agreed to come on this trip had I known this before. I thought it was very insensitive of him to forget that my number 1 fear is snakes and also that his friend had them. He suggested we stay in a hotel but at point I decided that as long as the snakes stayed in a locked room I would try to make it. I am glad to tell you I did it. It is behind us now, but next time I am choosing to stay in a hotel, not only because of the snakes but for various reasons.
I am trying to take this relationship, and life, one day at a time, but I keep predicting doom (I tell him that). At the moment my problem is with his social awkwardness. He gets nervous and the third grade jokes appear and it annoys me immensely (and I tell him that). For now he still finds my brutal honesty charming, but I don’t think that feeling will last.
He took me out on New Years Eve and I was so moody I could barely stand myself. I feel my hormones are out of control. I warned him about PMS. But it seems every day is PMS lately. Or am I just testing him? How much can he put up with? Does he like me enough? Do I like me enough?
“I promise you nothing is as chaotic as it seems. Nothing is worth diminishing your health. Nothing is worth poisoning yourself into stress, anxiety, and fear.” – Steve Maraboli
At work things are stressful. The infamous audit is still not over and on top of that I have another regular scheduled unaudited audit that I need to complete by the end of the month. It also seems we will have to fire a couple of people that are not producing. Even though they should know it is coming I still feel bad.
I am also having issues with my 2 rental apartments. I never planned on being a landlord. I don’t have time to deal with any issues. I was holding on to them to wait for the right time to sell, but I think the right time maybe now. My other aim for 2016 is to lead a simpler and more minimal life, so shedding excess baggage and drama is at the forefront.
At times it has been hard staying positive. I don’t do uncertainty well. This control freak here likes to know where everything stands at all times. I am constantly failing at “letting go and letting God”.
I actually had to sit myself down and have a hard talk. I had to look to the past for reminders of my forever faith and positivity. I had to remind myself of how far I have come and how I have dealt with tough situations in the past.
I also had to remind myself that:
- God has a plan, just trust in it. Trust that He gives you only what you can handle.
- There are no problems, only opportunities for learning and growing.
- Stop reacting and over-reacting. Something happens, pause and reflect before interfering and creating chaos. Sometimes it is best to let nature take its course without interference. I don’t have to face everything head-on and immediately.
- It is not what happens to me, it is how I react (or over-react) to it. Welcome problems as blessings. Be grateful for their arrival and learn from them.
- How truly blessed I am. I have an amazing family, great job (even if stressful), comfortable home, cool friends, someone willing to put up with my moods, and most important I have life and opportunities.
- I need to love, respect and give myself a break. I want to be perfect; I want to be productive at all times. I expect great results. Anything less feels like a failure. Being this hard on myself is only leading towards a mental and physical breakdown.
The list of things I need to remind myself of goes on and on. But for now when in doubt Accept, Forgive and Be Grateful!
“ Pain is inevitable,suffering is optional”. – Dalai Lama XIV