For the ones following up on my office saga:
Yesterday, the guy I had the argument with bought pizza for the office. I knew about it but I didn’t get up to get it. He then send me a chat message saying: “I got pizza for the office if you would like some”.
I could have ignored his message, but instead I replied: “Sure, Thank you.”
I am not sure if our fight had anything to do with his sudden generosity. I want to believe that something I said was heard.
I think pizza was his olive branch. I accepted it.
“Man looks very coward and extremely primitive with an ostentatious big sword and he looks very brave and tremendously sophisticated with a humble olive branch!” ―
After lunch I went to the dentist to get a cleaning and to get an x-ray on that dental implant problem I have written about it. Last time I was there after the laser surgery I had had a few months earlier to try to save the implant the x-ray showed that the situation had gotten worse.
At that time his recommendation was to remove one of the implants, otherwise I may lose all 3. It is the last one in the back so according to my dentist I would not feel too much of a difference. Still I think he felt my despair at the idea of removing it that he offered to redo the laser surgery for free and go in deeper this time.
The second surgery was done in February. It was painful but I am used to painful dental surgeries. Since February I am doing all I can to make sure that the surgery would be successful.
On Friday when he looked at the x-ray I braced myself. He studied it for a second and then gave me the good news. Not only it didn’t get worst, it actually showed a little improvement. That was enough for him to decide that I can hold off on removing the implant for now, and perhaps for good.
He said: Continue doing what you are doing because it is working. Here is what I am doing:
- Eating less sugar (this is good for overall health)
- Brushing my teeth after every meal, and specially after having sugar
- Flossing at least once a day. Often twice.
- I alternate among different toothpastes. I am not sure why I do this, but I don’t like to use the same one every day. Some of the ones I use are: Sensodyne, Total, Arm and Hammer and CloSYS.
- Gargling with CloSYS mouthwash or with Tree Tea Oil Mouthwash every night.
- Doing Oil Pulling at least 3 times a week. I should do it every day, but I don’t always remember it.
- Using a dental tartar scraper once a week. That is like a metal toothpick to scrape the tartar off the teeth. The same one dentists use.
- Massaging my gums with my finger as often as I remember.
- Having a positive and grateful attitude towards my teeth and gums.
I believe that anything in our bodies can be regenerated, and that includes my gums. I am not sure what is really working from the above list, but I will continue to do it all and continue hoping for good news at every visit.
“As wave is driven by wave
And each, pursued, pursues the wave ahead,
So time flies on and follows, flies, and follows,
Always, for ever and new. What was before
Is left behind; what never was is now;
And every passing moment is renewed.”