“I can’t, my Mom is in town visiting”
For the past 4 weeks that has been my excuse for everything.
- I couldn’t go on dates
- I couldn’t join a gym
- I couldn’t meet up with friends
- I couldn’t organize my closet
- I couldn’t get a mammography
- I couldn’t eat healthy
- I couldn’t do anything that required any mental or physical effort
I know that using my mom and my time with my mom as an excuse is very lame. I know that I need to be stronger than my excuses. I was not! I am not!
I can certainly do things while my mother is in town (I did go on that 1 date with the attorney) but I always feel guilty for taking the time away from her. I need to find that elusive balance in life.
“The secret of happiness, you see, is not found in seeking more, but in developing the capacity to enjoy less.” – ―
Now I find myself looking for some other excuse no to go out and get all of those things done.
I can say that:
- I am going to Brazil next month again (one has tickets to buy, bags to pack)
- I am back to staying late at work (when Mom was here I was leaving at 2pm every day – that was sweet)
- I still haven’t got my hip issues sorted out
- Thanksgiving is around the corner
- and so is Christmas and New Years
- the dog ate my homework. oops, I don’t have a dog or homework.
“Only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die having left undone” –―
But it is not all that bad:
- The date is scheduled for tomorrow night, Thursday. I am not excited about it but I need to go through with it. This person has been waiting for a long time. Reminding myself to be open minded and not already predict doom.
- I joined Planet Fitness yesterday. I had promised my doctor friend that I would be his workout buddy. Tomorrow night if the date ends early I am meeting him at the gym. Drinks to follow. It is good to have rewards.
- I have already started organizing my closet and taking the summer stuff out and replacing with the winter ones. I haven’t worn half of my summer stuff. I am not sure if that says I have too much stuff or that I am just too lazy and use the same thing every day. Time to own less and be more creative.
- Mammography scheduled for next week. Can’t forget the girls.
- Eating healthier is slowly starting again. I really don’t eat that unhealthy but I have a tendency to overindulge in carbs and sugar. I need to keep that in check. This daily brownie is becoming a habit hard to break. Moderation is key.
“The secret of change is to focus all your energy not on fighting the old, but on building the new.” ―